Statement of compliance with Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) 2006
Waypoint Global Ltd. providing Seafarer’s Recruitment and Placement Services, registered in the United Kingdom, fully complies with regulations set by MLC 2006.
Following points are emphasised in our operations although company compliance with MLC 2006 is not limited to these points only:
1. Company does not charge seafarers whole or in part fees or other charges for recruitment or placement.
2. Company makes sure that the ship-owners have the means to protect seafarers from being stranded in a foreign port.
3. Our Client’s (Employers/Owners) undertake to insure fully with P&I Club all personnel on board from the time of their departure from the port of recruitment till their repatriation to their home port. Furthermore, to effect coverage for industrial injury and death as per the terms of the employment agreement.
4. Company does not create lists or mechanisms intended to prevent or deter seafarers from gaining employment for which they are qualified.
5. Appropriate on-board complaint procedure form (including required contact details) is always available to the seafarer.
6. Company makes sure that seafarer will have a chance to read and get familiar with all conditions of seafarer employment agreement before seafarer’s employment agreement will be signed.
Waypoint Global operates a complaints procedure for all seafarers:
In the first instance please write to or email Dominic Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ – you will receive a written response in 7 working days.
You may approach the Maritime Coastguard Agency in the united Kingdom via email@example.com or post to Maritime & Coastguard Agency, Bay 2/23, Spring Place, 105 Commercial Road, Southampton, SO15 1EG.